Get Behind The Scenes With The Sherbet Birdie Blog
Come on in! We invite you take a peek at our lovely blog and see for yourself what goes on behind the scenes at the Sherbet Birdie studio. You can:
- Check out our fabulous range of vintage costumes, lovingly collected from around the world.
- View videos of shoots and interviews with the Sherbet Birdie team.
- Check out our on-tour dates.
- Download recipes for our delicious cupcakes and tea sandwiches.
- Check out the latest snaps of all our shoots.
… as well as reading our general, random Sherbet Birdie ponderings! The more the merrier, so come join the fun!
Vintage pin-up photography at its best
Want an elegant photo shoot with a difference? Then give Sherbet Birdie a call on +61 (7) 3310 4716 or 0405 429 262, or contact us today to book your pin-up photo shoot.
‘girls Transform Into Pinups’ Buzzfeed’s Viral Video Final Images Revealed
You saw the BuzzFeed video of ‘Girls Transform Into Pinups’ and you fell in love.
Over 9,000,000 views on YouTube and Facebook combined…and the numbers keep climbing, and the inquiries and positive messages of the work we do keep flooding in.
From the bottom of our hearts, thank you.
Your words mean the world to us.
And as always…thank you to the BuzzFeed team – with special mentions to Tania Safi – for believing in us, choosing us and capturing the essence of Sherbet Birdie and what we do, on video.
Here are the photos of the beautiful BuzzFeed ladies after their pin up transformation.
– The Sherbet Birdie Gurls
“I was a bit shocked when I saw myself, because my whole look was the opposite of what I usually go for – big hair, big make-up, big, chunky accessories, the midriff, and the leopard-skin pants – there was so much going on! At first I felt a bit shy that I looked so crazy and the other girls looked so beautiful and classy, but then I just embraced it and took some advice from my “queen” necklace! The fact that my final photo was one of me laughing in between shots was testament to how much fun I was having. I was just buzzing after spending a whole day with a room full of amazing, diverse women who were being so genuinely lovely and positive and sharing personal stories with each other.” – Alex
“I think one of the conversations we had waiting for our big reveal is what has stuck with me the most. I was explaining to the girls that as someone with boobs and a relatively small waist, I’m constantly steering away from wearing T-shirts (too tight) and singlets (too low), and anything that cinches in too much at the waist (too sexy!). I was trying to explain to them that since I was a teenager I’ve felt it inappropriate to wear things that show off my shape – which in hindsight is pretty dumb. I mean, how can your actual BODY be inappropriate anyway? This whole thing has definitely made me question a lot of the things I’ve told myself I shouldn’t wear.” – Gyan
“It was actually a lot of fun! When I saw myself I immediately thought of Cry Baby, and wanted to jump in on the film set and hang with Johnny. I felt proud of myself for trying something out of my comfort zone. I realise now that “pinup” is something that anyone can appropriate to their own style, shape, and identity, and that we are all beautiful in our own ways. I thought that I already knew this, but when I saw the transformation of my colleagues, aesthetically as well as emotionally, it reminded me how much what we put on is a performance as well as a reflection of how we feel. Everyone needs to wear whatever the hell they like, and not be judged for it. We can spend our lives worrying about what others think of us, conforming to society’s ideals and constantly battling with what we should or shouldn’t do, say, or wear – or we can become our own best friends and just be ourselves. I think the second is much better!” – Tania
“I was SO nervous going into this. When I first heard “pinup,” I immediately thought of those sexy, lingerie-clad illustrations from the ’50s, and while I LOVE that aesthetic, I did not necessarily want to see myself like that. But I figured the fact that I was terrified was all the more reason to do it.
When I finally saw myself, I was blown away. The outfit was amazing – the kind of thing I would actually have picked out for myself. In fact, even though I was done up as a pinup, I felt more like myself than I normally do. I’ve put on weight in recent years, and my wardrobe is now full of clothes that cover up my body rather display my personal style. The dress I was wearing is what I would pick if I was completely comfortable with my body – and when I was wearing it, I DID feel comfortable! It made me realise that I can still dress to accentuate my body and feel good. I don’t need to fit into some perfect stereotype to just be myself.” – Jenna
‘Girls Transform into Pinups’ BuzzFeed video:
Behind The Scenes Fun Of Our Buzzfeed Video ‘girls Transform Into Pinups’
We still can’t quite get over the amazing responses and HUGE spotlight that has been placed on Sherbet Birdie since the release of the BuzzFeed Video ‘Girls Transform Into Pinups’ on the 30th of August.
Currently over 8 million people have seen this video, through Facebook and YouTube combined…and these numbers aren’t slowing down anytime soon.
Check out some of our photos below of the behind the scenes from this glorious day.
(Want to see how the photos of these lovely ladies from BuzzFeed turned out? Click here!)
And we look forward to being able to transform you into a glorious pin upand bring out the sexy vixen we know you are.
– The Sherbet Birdie Gurls
Wardrobe By Hola Chicka
Wardrobe – Models Own
Wardrobe by Retrospecd
Wardrobe by Retrospecd
Want to see how the photos of these lovely ladies turned out? Click here!
Click below to see the famous BuzzFeed video
Our Buzzfeed Video Has Left Us (and The World) Buzzing
It’s pretty easy to conclude that right now, the world has finally understood the importance of pin ups in today’s day and age…
Rewind just back to 4 days ago, and most people would have seen the pin up genre as something that was done back in the day, something that was a fun little fashion trend…until the video ‘Girls Transform Into Pinups’ was released.
Thanks to the team at BuzzFeed Oz working in collaboration with Sherbet Birdie, we’ve been able to show the world how important this style really is.
If you haven’t yet seen the video which has been watched over 8 million times, scroll down below to see for yourself.
The video has highlighted the underlying shame and lack of confidence women may feel due to media forcing us all into one small box of what we should look like and how we should act.
The video highlights the importance of allowing women to express themselves through clothing and not being ashamed to look fierce and confidence in how the present themselves, no matter how they choose to express it.
The video highlights the joy of allowing yourself to shine, instead of hiding away and trying to not stand out with fear of judgement from others.
And the pin up style is a huge vehicle to make this happen, due to the versatility & glamour of this style.
“When I finally saw myself, I was blown away. The outfit was amazing – the kind of thing I would actually have picked out for myself. In fact, even though I was done up as a pinup, I felt more like myself than I normally do. I’ve put on weight in recent years, and my wardrobe is now full of clothes that cover up my body rather display my personal style. The dress I was wearing is what I would pick if I was completely comfortable with my body – and when I was wearing it, I DID feel comfortable! It made me realise that I can still dress to accentuate my body and feel good. I don’t need to fit into some perfect stereotype to just be myself.” – Jenna
Now it’s time for you to give yourself permission to shine and get the best photographs of yourself that you will ever have.
Our Sherbet Birdie Entree Photoshoots are just $197 (exc photographs) and here are the dates for these photoshoots:
Saturday Sep 12th
Saturday Sep 26th
Saturday Oct 10th
Saturday Oct 24th
Saturday Nov 7th
Saturday Nov 21st
Saturday Dec 5th
Otherwise, our Bespoke Photoshoots are available most days of the week, with the studio being yours for the entire day and the flexibility to create any shoot you desire, without any restrictions.
Call up to book into your own dream shoot – 0405 429 262
– The Sherbet Birdie Crew
Introducing The Fun, Bite Size Entree Shoots
As from the feedback we’ve received from many, many ladies that have stepped into our studio, the experience has literally changed the way these dolls see themselves forever.
They finally see themselves for the beautiful sexy vixens they really are.
We’ve therefore decided to launch a new photoshoot experience option, to suit all types of budgets.
Introducing the fun, bite size entree shoots!
The same Sherbet Birdie service, experience and luxe treatment that you’ve come to adore, at a jaw-dropping fraction of the price!
Available only once a month and announced via email, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss out on this delicious photoshoot experience and price! (Subscribe by clicking here)
Choose from three gorgeous theme options and a selection of poses, all within a two hour photoshoot. ( See here for the theme options)
Included in this shoot:
– Jaw-dropping vintage hairstyling!
– Classic 1950s makeup!
– One costume option chosen from Miss Sherbet’s extensive wardrobe of over 850 items.
– Up to five pin-up poses.
– A delightful selection of nine different T2 tea brews and coffee to suit your palette.
– A glass of sparkling wine to bubble your way through your day in front of the camera!
– A 10 minute phone consultation to relax your photo shoot nerves and discuss your choice of theme.
– Props sourced and designed exclusively for the Sherbet Birdie Studio!
– A 10 minute pin-up pose workshop that will give you the confidence and skills to work with Miss Sherbet to snap amazing photographs.
– Private viewing at the end of the shoot to select your favourite photographs.
– Editorial-quality retouching and post-production on every photograph purchased at the end of your shoot.
We hope this video gives you a great insight into this fun filled day.
– The Sherbet Birdie Team
Candifornia Pool Party & Picnic Extravaganza!
We ladies at Sherbet Birdie invite you to dive into our dreams with us at Australia’s first pin up pool party & picnic extravaganza. Spend the day with wonderful fun-loving people all the while lounging upon doughnuts, cupcakes and ice creams.
Kick off 2015 with a splash!
We’re taking a beautiful pool and filling it with confectionery inflatables, then adding you gals and gents! A whole bunch of pin-up dolls and chaps getting together simply to celebrate themselves and each other.
Bring your picnic baskets filled with your choice of delicious refreshments and picnic blankets to lounge around on and catch a few sun rays (undercover areas available for those that would prefer to save their tender porcelain skin).
The important details:
Date: Sunday, February 1 2015
Times: 1pm – 4pm
Location: Victoria Park Pool – City Road, Camperdown NSW
What’s included: Entry into the pool, private lane hire, private lifeguard hire (safety first!), BUT most importantly…use of inflatable confectionery to float on all throughout the event.
WARNING: As this is an Australian first. Spaces are limited so act now to avoid missing out.
We look forward to seeing you there!
The Sherbet Birdie Team
*All tickets sales are final and non-refundable
Sherbet Birdie Studio Insight
Our aim at Sherbet Birdie is to create a heavenly world for women to relax and unwind in, whilst experiencing their unforgettable, highest quality and Australia wide famous Sherbet Birdie shoot.
Entree Photoshoots Are An Absolute Hit!
Wow! We are OVERWHELMED by the amazing response we’ve had from you all for our newly launched Entree Shoots.
In just 3 days, we sold out of two October dates, one November date and a December date. Did anyone say record time?!
We are so thrilled to be able to present you with this newly launched product that we offer once a month (sometimes twice when the response is so overwhelming!), as a way to say thank you to all those that have supported Sherbet Birdie for years and have wanted to do a shoot with us for the longest time, but have not had the funds to do it.
These photoshoots include the same Sherbet Birdie service, experience and luxe treatment that you’ve come to adore, at a jaw-dropping fraction of the price!
You get to choose from three gorgeous theme options and a selection of poses, all within a two hour photoshoot. Click here to check out the available themes for the shoot.
Congratulations to all those ladies who snapped up a spot. We can’t wait for you to prop yourself on our giant, human size ice cream or be the captain of your own boat.
If you would like to be notified of the future Sherbet Birdie Entree Shoot dates, be sure to subscribe so you never miss out on this delicious photoshoot experience and price!
Sasha and the Sherbet Birdie Team
10,000 Facebook Likes!
Yayayayayayayay!!! We did it 10,000 all organically without buying one single like! Thank you to all our lovely supportive followers and I hope we can continue to entertain and inspire you through pinup, empowerment and positive body image! We couldn’t be happier to have a more friendly, welcoming not to mention BEAUTIFUL community helping us out. Every single share of the photos we post helps us out immensely and we couldn’t be more thankful!!! We’re looking forward to our 20,000th celebration!
Much Love from the team at Sherbet Birdie!
Treat Yourself Or Someone Special With These 5 Great Gift Ideas Designed to Suit Your Budget!
Since our arrival in Sydney the gals at Sherbet Birdie have been creating tonnes of new experiences and products for our dedicated fans to enjoy, and as it happens they make great Christmas gifts too! Take a peek at these 5 great ideas for gifts this silly season.
1. Our Sherbet Birdie gift certificates make the perfect pressie for a Christmas morning. Normally $399, they are now $349 for a limited time to help you celebrate the Christmas cheer!
2. Do you know somebody who loves vintage styling and all things 1950’s? Then this is a perfect gift. It’s the Sherbet Birdie crafted Hair Styling Diagram A2 poster. Useful and pretty. Now ain’t that the perfect pressie! This can be all yours for just $30. Bargain!
3. Our Vintage Hair and Makeup Workshops have been a roaring success! Having taught over 100 ladies the keys, tricks and hints for creating genuine vintage styles we will be hosting another workshop on Saturday January 19th 2013. Seats are just $120 each and upon booking you’ll receive a goodie bag brimming with over $90 of value! In class you’ll learn: how to set a basic set, how to create a victory rolls, how to create faux bangs, how to apply; red lips, cat eye eyeliner, base, matte foundation, and powder to create a bombshell makeup look.
4. Sherbet Birdie have teamed up with classic dress designers Whirling Turban to release of line of gowns especially for Sherbet Birdie. Ranging between $279 and $340 as ‘launch prices’ these dresses are hand made timeless couture, custom fitted and exclusive to Sherbet Birdie. The perfect dresses for Summer soirées!
5. Themed shoot days are all the fashion and happen to be a great way to have your Sherbet Birdie photo shoot for a fraction of the regular price. Our next themed shoot day is a Vintage Valentine’s Marilyn Monroe shoot where we will replicate one of our Miss Monroe favs!
For $650 you’ll receive the following photo shoot in our stunning studio:
- Prior consultation to determine your pin-up perfect styling.
- Hair styling and makeup makeover by Lucy Topp.
- Delightful teas and macarons.
- Champagne to bubble your day away.
- Stunning costuming and styling chosen from our wardrobe of over 850 items.
- Complete posing direction and coaching by pin-up expert Miss Sherbet.
- Your gallery of photographs to review immediately after your shoot.
- 2 x high resolution digital photographs in time for Valentine’s Day.
All of this for a $325 deposit and, second payment of $325 on the shoot day. Or book before the 24th Dec and received a 3rd photograph for free! Now that’s $1374 worth Sherbet value for just $650!
For any further information on our 5 fav gift ideas just contact the Sherbet Birdie gals on 0405 429 262 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sherbet Birdie Gals!
This Shall Be A Very Summery Christmas
That’s right ladies and gents, this year we shall be overloading on candy-sweet photo shoots by creating our very own Vintage Mermaid set and themed shoot day!
What’s more, by booking in to this beautiful day you’ll receive up to $1374 worth of Sherbetie value for only a $325 deposit and one more payment of $325 on the shoot day. So why not join in the festive season fun on Saturday December 8th?
Your shoot will include:
- A prior bespoke fitting to determine your pin-up perfect styling. Choose from lingerie, corsetry, swimsuits, dresses, bullet bras, high heels, accessories and beautiful vintage props. With over 850 items in wardrobe you’ll find your perfect ensemble!
- A 1940s or 1950s vintage makeover including divinely elegant makeup and vintage hairstyling. You’ll be so excited by the transformation!
- A delightful high-tea that includes astonishingly delicious Adriano Zumbo macarons, tea sandwiches, a selection of nine different T2 tea brews and coffee to suit your palette.
- Champagne to bubble your day away.
- Complete posing direction throughout your shoot and a pin-up pose workshop that will give you the confidence and skills to snap amazing photographs. Pin-up posing expert Miss Sherbet will tell you all her best posing secrets!
- A gallery of photographs to review after your shoot.
- 2 x high resolution digital photographs ready in time for Christmas.
But, we are a generous bunch here and we’d like to offer bookings made before 10th November and additonal THIRD photograph completely GRATIS!
Spaces are super limited and first in best dressed!
When: Saturday December 8th 2012
Where: The Sherbet Birdie Photography studio, St Peters, Sydney
Bookings: email@example.com or call 0405 429 262.
We hope to see you there!
The Sherbet Birdie Gals